Charles Henry Dumville
Charles and his brother-in-law John Gibson led the move west of some of John Dumville's (1820-1900) descendants. Charles' brother Joseph (1856-1933) and his family followed in 1893. In 1900 Charles and his wife Ella bought land near Joseph's house. Charles was also a carpenter and by 1902 had left farming and moved to the village of Welwyn where he built a combined post office, store and living quarters. In 1905 he completed the hotel which he later traded for a farm near Esterhazy. The same year he built Woodbine School, for which he received $750 plus $2.50 for installing the desks. In 1909 Charles and his family moved to a homestead near Superb, Saskatchewan, and in 1936 retired to Vancouver.
Charles was reportedly his mother Ann's favourite, and she retired to his home when she was too old to continue housekeeping for Joseph Dumville. His mother was there in her final illness, and daughter Nettie, who was a nurse, returned home with her daughter Carell to nurse Ann in her final illness. Nettie and Carrell escorted the body back to Niagara after her death in 1921.